The famed author of ‘Sita’s Curse’, Sreemoyee Piu Kundu’s latest offering is a heartwarming novel titled ‘You’ve Got The Wrong Girl’ – the story of whether a man can redeem himself and find his true love when he is a victim of his own wrongdoing. The book starts with the protagonist – Dushyant Singh Rathore and the love of his life are together at Taj Mahal, Agra. There’s moonlit night, passionate love making and fireworks. However, like all good stories there’s a twist. The duo promise each other to never meet again and there in begins the real story – the chase, the journey.
What immediately draws you in, in this book is how the lead character is your next door guy, with all his insecurities, shortcomings, failures and mistakes. This average guy who sets on the journey of a lifetime to unite with the love of his life is really a mind-boggling read.
I loved the fact that the book keeps moving at a regular pace and the usage of words is strictly common. The simple, easy-going language throughout the book makes this one really an ideal read for journeys when you don’t want the book to eat too much into your head.
The book takes the reader through several twists and turns that involve strange characters and even stranger places – but that’s the element of the story that the author Sreemoyee gets right the most. She keeps you hooked on until you’ve turned the last page of the book. The several characters introduced throughout the tale keep adding different layers to the story.
If you have read ‘Sita’s Curse‘, you have to be prepared for some really bold and sensual scenes. But in ‘You’ve Got The Wrong Girl’, the author has gone a step further and tried to kindle the fire in your hearts by bringing forth an emotional roller coaster ride in the life of our protagonist – Dushyant.
In his quest for true love, the author enforces a thought strongly in the mind of the reader. And it is that – ‘Every person deserves a love story.’ If you have been seeking the love of your life, this book will make you want to try harder. The way Dushyant tries to find his mystery girl, the people he meets, the help he gets, the dead ends he is led to, the frustration in his mind and the eventual right direction he walks on to – everything hints at that wonderful journey of adventure we all crave for in our lives. The book is successful in making you yearn for a love story, like no other, of your own, because in seeking love, you find yourself.
I would definitely recommend this book as your next weekend read or something you would want to carry with you on your train journey next.
Overall Rating – 3.5/5
Hachette India Book Giveaway –
- The giveaway prizes will be provided by Hachette India, subject to availability.
- Hachette India is not responsible for prizes that are lost in the mail.
- The giveaway will be in India ONLY.
- Any disputes arising from this contest are subject to jurisdiction in Delhi.
- Winners will be determined by the management of Hachette India. The decision of the management will be final and no queries will be entertained in this regard.
- The entries may be screened for defamatory content/language. Hachette India reserves the right for last minute cancellation and change in terms and conditions.
- Participants should be Indian residents.
- The contest will start on 10th March 2016 at midnight and end on 30th April, 2016 at midnight. No late entries will be accepted.
- Spam entries or entries that are not valid will be immediately disqualified
- There will be five (5) Each winner will win a copy of You’ve Got the Wrong Girl as well as one of the titles listed below
A Man called Ove by Frederik Backman
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Headscarves and Hymens by Mona Eltahawy
The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez
The Temporary Bride by Jennifer Klinec
The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
Too Good to be True by Sheila O’ Flanagan
Each winner will get a total of two books, subject to availability.
- All entries that are only entered in the Rafflecopter widget will be valid.
- Number of entries for each task has been provided in the Rafflecopter widget. Every person who enters the giveaway needs to do at least one task that is listed above for their entry to be valid.
- Winner has 48 hrs to respond to intimation by Hachette India before another winner is chosen.
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are in no way associated with this giveaway.
- Blog Tour hosts cannot enter the giveaway.
- The same giveaway is being hosted on all blogs. There is no separate giveaway on all blogs.