So guess you successfully survived 21st December 2012, huh? Now wondering what to do and where to celebrate your new year ?? Well you are in luck as I have got something just for you…
New Year’s Eve celebration happens to be the major common party across the globe when all nations and religions forget all the differences and come together to welcome the New Year. All of us want to do something special, be somewhere special and feel special. What we want is to be surrounded by happiness and a good feeling, soaked in which, we can enter into a new year. Here are five incredible ideas for a truly unforgettable New Year. Seal your day with an amazing backdrop of an exotic destination. Read on and get mystified.
1. Goa : Goa, a tiny emerald land on the west coast of India, full of life, is the place to be on the New Year eve with music, dance, food and drinks! Goa has the perfect ambience for the celebrations, thanks to its exotic beaches and night life. Goan culture and cuisines are some of the delights that visitors from across the world admire it for. While in Goa for the New Year’s celebrations , never miss the chance to walk around beautiful churches.
The premier beach destination of India is crowded by thousands of visitors, just to welcome the new year while jiving and singing. You have joyful music being sung by youthful singers on one side and vibrant prayers of churches resounding on the other. You can see fireworks making sky their canvas and electric bulbs of thousands of colors turn the city into a painting. Whattt!? Are You still reading ? JUST GO GOA !
2. Jaisalmer : So how about spending a wintery night under the stars on the sand dunes of Jaisalmer ?? The yellow desert town of India is perhaps among the few places in the world which still have a living fort. Ummm how does an overnight jeep safari from Khuri right into the heart of the desert sound ?? Enjoy a camel ride to your camp, enjoy traditional performance of Ghoomar on the dunes, where your personal cook will prepare for you a scrumptious Rajasthani meal. Daal-bati-choorma on the desert, anyone ??
3. Shimla : If you see Goa as the most vibrant and youthful destination of the nation, you have Shimla on the other hand, which is no less than a paradise. Snow-capped Himalayan peaks and green pastures surround Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh. The ‘Queen of Hills’ known for its vivacious and to-die-for celebrations of Christmas and new year, is also quite famous for its Christmas season snowfall. Now who wouldn’t want a romantic walk in this chilly-snowy weather ??
The magic of Shimla begins from the moment you step on to the Toy Train at Kalka. This beautiful railway track has now been designated a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. The Viceregal Lodge brings back memories of the horse-riding sahibs and their elaborately gowned memsahibs. Take a walk through the historical Mall Road – the gracious Victorian buildings lining its sides add their own charm to the shopping experience.
4. Bangalore : The IT city of India has a lot to offer throughout the year, but on the New Years Eve, Bangalore is at its special best. The city is famous for its nightlife, which includes the various discos and pubs spread throughout the city. Also called as the pub capital of India, Bangalore is very developed, clean and safe and thus you can have a great time no matter when and where it is. So all the party animals if you are in Bangalore this new year, excitement will never be far away !!
5. Udaipur : Put together the most romantic city in the world with one of the world’s best hotels, a fancy room with a private pool, personal butler service, and uninterrupted views of the loveliest little lake in the heart of India. And what would you get? A stay at the famous Oberoi Udaivilas Hotel in Udaipur! A city for the diehard romantic, Udaipur is surely the best place for a New Year’s eve in terms of a royal experience, the city full of heritage and lakes. If you have New Year in mind and don’t want to go to a busy place like Goa and Bangalore than Udaipur would be best place for you to celebrate New Year. The fireworks and pleasant ambiance make Udaipur a great destination to soak in the New Year revelry. On the new year eve you can take a boat ride to lakes or book your dinner at India’s best view restaurant Ambrai. This is a fantastic city to spend an evening and the world has had its evidence by the famous “BOND” movie ‘Octopussy’.
So now that you’ve finally shortlisted your Perfect New Year Destination, pack your bags n off you go !! So Long…